- We will switch to self-guided tours during phase one, allowing visitors to enjoy the museum while practicing social distancing.
- No more than 10 people will be allowed on site at a time, including staff and volunteers.
- Masks are MANDATORY to be allowed into the museum. Temporary masks will be made available when needed.
- Guests will be required to make a reservation ahead of time or to sign in upon arrival, providing names of each visitor, as well as their personal contact information.
- Guests will be allowed to enter only in small groups, and they will be distanced from other visitors to the museum.
Respect Social Distancing
- Different groups of visitors will not be allowed into the same area of the house at the same time.
- Guests are expected to keep 6-feet apart and respect other visitors’ space. BK House staff and volunteers will help maintain and monitor social distancing.
- Staff must properly and frequently wash their hands at a minimum of once every 45 minutes.
- Hands must be washed between each change of gloves.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Staff is taking extra care to clean the house at the beginning of each day and throughout, and will complete a deep clean at the end of each day of tours.
- High-contact surfaces (door handles, faucets, railings, etc.) will be wiped down with medical-grade sanitizing agents at a minimum of once every 30 minutes.
- Detail cleaning will occur overnight and again be checked before opening. All surfaces will be cleaned using EPA approved cleaning products and viral resistant sanitizers followed by inspection.
- Hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks will be available to guests when necessary.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All staff and volunteers must wear the required PPE, including face masks, and adhere to all CDC recommended standards of use of such equipment at all times.
For Everyone’s Safety
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms (including fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please stay home and help us keep everyone safe. Our staff and volunteers will do the same.
- Entrants to the museum agree to follow the social distancing and sanitary guidelines that have been put in place to protect yourself and our other guests and team members.
- Seniors and individuals with underlying medical conditions should continue to stay home.
- If you are feeling sick – please stay home!
If you have any questions, please email our director, Annie Irvin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for reading and we look forward to seeing you in June!
Historic BK House & Gardens Staff
Tuesday, May 19, 2020