In 1925, the house was set for demolition and slated to be turned into a macaroni factory. Luckily, a group of women, with the help of General Allison Owen, saved the house with the intention of turning it into a memorial for General Beauregard. They created Beauregard House Inc. as a foundation for their museum. However, they never had enough money to kickstart the memorial, and the house instead served as a meeting place, a homeless shelter, and a rest stop and housing center for soldiers during WWII. During the 1930s the Historic Survey was conducted, taking a full survey of the house and providing drawings of the property and other architectural information that is still valuable to our museum today. In 1944, author Frances Parkinson Keyes rented the second floor of the house, while Alcoholics Anonymous rented out the basement.